Now Is The Best Time For an Abdominoplasty
Is a Tummy Tuck Right For You?
Tummy Tuck Surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess skin and fat from the body. This procedure can restore weakened or separated abdominal muscles giving a flatter, toned result. Many times, exercise and diet are not enough to provide the flat, toned abdomen that many of us strive to achieve. The most common causes of this sagging or loose skin are:
- Significant weight fluctuation
- Prior Surgery
The Ideal Candidate
Abdominoplasty is an individualized procedure. You should consult with a board certified surgeon like Dr. Benjamin Lam if you think that a tummy tuck may be the right procedure for you. In general tummy tuck candidates are:
- Physically healthy
- Maintain a stable weight
- Seeking to change the appearance of their abdomen
The Tummy Tuck Procedure is not a weight loss procedure and Dr. Lam recommends that tummy tuck patients be within 10% of their ideal weight to qualify for this procedure. It is not a procedure that will correct or remedy stretch marks.
Patients considering abdominoplasty should be educated on post surgical recovery. Recovery tends to take about 6 weeks and depends on several factors. Pain, swelling and bruising should resolve around 4 weeks after surgery. Many patients consider the fall and winter to be the ideal time for this procedure so they can be recovered and be ready to flaunt their results the following spring.
THE “TEAM LAM DIFFERENCE”
- Individualized care provided by Dr. Benjamin Lam and Team Lam
- Dr. Lam is highly skilled with expertise in tummy tuck techniques
- Dr. Lam matches the best procedure for each patient to achieve optimal results
- We offer affordable realistic expectations
- You can expect a friendly, comfortable and confidential patient experience with Lam Plastic Surgery
Dr. Benjamin Lam proudly provides services for patients in Pennsylvania from Doylestown, Langhorne, Newtown, New Hope, Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Contact Dr. Lam today at (855) 702-8600 or fill out a Contact Form here.