Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) in Langhorne, PA
What is a tummy tuck?
A traditional abdominoplasty procedure (also known as a tummy tuck) is used for cases that require the muscles to be tightened and repositioned as well as the removal of tissue. An extended abdominoplasty involves an incision from the lower abdomen to the hips. Abdominoplasty is appropriate for a wide range of patients. Post pregnancy to weight gain and loss are typical situations that leave someone with lax muscles and skin of the abdomen. You should consult a skilled plastic surgeon you can trust.
Dr. Benjamin Lam serving Philadelphia and Langhorne, PA, has extensive experience and spends as much time necessary discussing your needs to ensure you achieve the best possible results. Providing your weight remains stable, the effects of an abdominoplasty are permanent.
Tummy Tuck Cost
- The usual cost of a tummy tuck is around $7500.
Abdominoplasty Before & After
Tummy Tuck Frequently Asked Questions
Does insurance cover the procedure?
What can I expect from an abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a procedure designed to contour the abdomen by removing excess skin from the lower stomach area; commonly referred to as the “pouch” by some patients. This is commonly known as part of the “mommy makeover”.
- This procedure is commonly combined with tightening of the muscles in this area where it’s been previously stretched out by such things as pregnancies.
- The resulting contour is a more tightened and flattened stomach.
- The incision is placed low on the abdomen; immediately above the pubic area so it will remain hidden under clothes.
How long does it take to recover from a tummy tuck surgery?
What is the recovery like?
In the post-op period, most patients report ” tightness ” and not a pain in the operative area.
- This is usually well controlled with oral pain medications.
- Patients are also required to wear an abdominal binder for four to six weeks in order to keep this area well supported.
- For maximal contouring, patients are put in a “sit up” position during the operation in order to maximize the amount of skin being removed. Because of this, patients need to adopt this hunched over ( bent at the waist ) position for a few days after the procedure. This extends to nighttime when patients may elect to sleep in a lazy boy chair in a semi-upright position.
- The patient can straighten up slowly and gradually after the first few days. Typically, they are pretty much back to the upright position at the time of their first post-op appointment.
Are there any risks?
Dr. Lam is an excellent surgeon. He is also very warm and kind with his patients..He thoroughly knows what he's doing and how to get the best job done. I would highly recommend him!
Great Doctor glad I was referred to him, Thank you
Dr Lam is very warm, gentle and thorough. He takes the time to explain everything, presents options and patiently answers all my questions. His skilled hand delivers flawless results. He truly cares. His staff is friendly and upbeat. Jamie is amazing and her follow up care is outstanding!
dr lam is just great in any aspect . Personable , professional , very talented and precise . I could not be happier with him and his services . Truly recommend him .
Dr. Lam did my breast augmentation 6 months ago. I am very happy with the results. They're PERFECT 😊 I definitely recommend him.
Dr. Lam did my tram flap reconstruction following my bilateral mastectomy in 2009. Not only did he do a wonderful reconstruction on me, but the caring and compassion shown to me by Dr. Lam and his staff during that very difficult time is something I will always be grateful for. I would recommend Dr. Lam in a heartbeat!
Dr Lam is an incredible doctor. He was knowledgeable, informative and caring. I highly recommend him to anyone thinking of getting breast augmentation/lift. I was very happy with my results!
Dr Lam did my reconstruction after having a bilateral mastectomy due to breast cancer at 35 years of age. He was very compassionate, professional and made sure I was comfortable in my body again! Would recommend to anyone!
Dr. Lam did my tummy tuck 14 months ago. I am so happy with the results. It was just the way I dreamed it would be.